The New Chitose International Airport (CTS)—Hokkaido’s largest airport—is serviced daily by both domestic and international airlines. As Hokkaido’s major international gateway, there are numerous bus and train transfer options departing from CTS that will get you to your destination.
M Group works with four main companies who operate bus lines directly to Niseko: Resort Liner, Donan, Chuo Bus, and Big Runs.
Thanks to our seasoned experience with airport and resort logistics, you
can be safe in the knowledge that you’ll make it to your destination in
When booking bus transfers, please note:
- All buses should be pre-booked to guarantee seat availability, especially when travelling in peak periods.
- All buses drop off guests at Niseko’s ‘Hirafu Welcome Centre’.
- The fare for all buses is 4-5,000 yen one-way, and 8-10,000 yen return.
Although bus transfers reduce operations over the warmer months of the year (spring, summer and autumn), private transfers can still be booked all year round. For those travelling light, the JR train can also be an excellent alternative, especially if you are interested in seeing Sapporo or Otaru on the way to Niseko.
We arrange for your own private driver to meet you at the airport terminal, drive you to Niseko, and drop you off directly at your accommodation. By far the quickest, easiest, and most comfortable method of getting to Niseko; advanced bookings are advised, and prices vary depending on the size of your group and the type of vehicle used.
If you are travelling without large bags or suitcases, taking the train from the New Chitose Airport to Niseko is another option: You will need to disembark at Kutchan Station and take a 15 minute taxi or public bus ride to the Hirafu intersection, located directly beside Monty's BBQ & Grill, M Lodge, and the M Hotel.
New Chitose Airport to Kutchan Station:
- The entirety of the trip, including train and taxi transfers will take roughly 3-4 hours.
- A one-way ticket for one person from the Airport to Kutchan is approximately 3,000 yen.
- You do not need to pre-book tickets, but seated spaces are not guaranteed.
- Most routes require a short changeover at Otaru.
To check the price and schedules for trains leaving for Kutchan Station, please see the JR timetable page.
There are two main car rental companies to choose from - Nippon Rent-a-car* and Toyota Rent-a-car. Collect your vehicle at either the airport or in resort, and take advantage of the freedom that having your own vehicle affords you:
Enjoy the shopping and excitement of Hokkaido’s premier city, Sapporo; visit the cultural treasure cove of Otaru; and experience the winding sea and mountain side roads that lead to your destination.
- M Group does not recommend winter car rental for those who do not have previous experience driving in extreme winter conditions.
- Please ensure that you have a valid International Driving Permit and passport, or you will not be able to rent a car in Japan.
- When using your rental car’s GPS, please enter the following number to navigate to the M Lodge or M Hotel: 0136-21-6515